Fründen Hut Hike
The hut is situated at the top of a rock knoll and immediately under the Fründen Glacier. The route consists of a series of long but moderately graded zigzags—gaining 1000m in little over 2km. A diverse and exciting route with spectacular views.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|09:00||Take the Gondola to Oeschinensee and begin hiking to the hut|
|13:30||Arrive at the hut and eat lunch|
|14:00||Begin walking back down|
|17:00||Take the gondola down from Oeschinensee|
|17:45||Arrive back to KISC|
Taking the gondola is recommended. Gondola tickets can either be purchased from the reception at the centre or through the online form under the name "Oeschinensee Gondola". More information about the gondola can be found here
- Price adult: CHF 16.30 (single ticket), CHF 22.20 (return ticket)
- Price child: CHF 8.30 (single ticket), CHF 11.20 (return ticket)
More information about staying overnight at the hut can be found here
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Hüttentest: Fründenhütte
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.