Jungfraujoch & Eiger Trail Day trip
Your coach will pick you up at KISC and take you to the base of the Jungfraujoch. Here you will take a train ride like none before, passing through mountain tunnels, changing at train stations in the middle of the mountains and reaching an altitude of 3,454 metres. Once you reach the top, the views will take your breath away. The train will take you part way down, stopping at Kleine Scheidegg where you will then hike the rest of the way to Grindelwald, giving you the chance to take in the beautiful surroundings of the area. At the station, you will meet your coach and return to KISC.
This is only a guide. Times may change depending on traffic and availability of the trains.
|Meet at KISC||07:15|
|Depart from KISC (Coach)||07:20|
|Arrive at Lauterbrunnen||08:40|
|Depart from Lauterbrunnen (Train)||09:00|
|Arrive at Kleine Scheidegg & change trains to Eigergletscher||09:38|
|Depart from Kleine Scheidegg (Train)||09:57|
|Arrive at Eigergletscher & change trains to Jungfraujoch||10:02|
|Depart from Eigergletscher (Train)||10:15|
|Arrive at Jungfraujoch||10:41|
|Depart from Jungfraujoch (Train)||13:17|
|Arrive at Eigergletscher & change trains to Kleine Scheidegg||13:41|
|Depart from Eigergletscher (Train)||13:46|
|Arrive at Kleine Scheidegg||13:54|
|Begin Eiger Trail, hike down towards Grindelwald||14:00|
|Meet the coach at Grund Station Car Park (Grindelwald)||17:30|
|Arrive back at KISC||19:00|
- Price Adult: CHF 200.00
- Price Child: CHF 135.00
Price includes: coach transport & train tickets
Guest cancellation: activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
- If you are using KISC catering then please check that you have booked a packed lunch for each member of your group. Depending on the train times you are booked in for you may also need to request a packed breakfast or a late dinner.
- Be prepared for outdoor weather during the day, there may be snow and cold winds at the top of the mountain with hot sunny weather for hiking down.
- Make sure that all members of your group know when and where to meet the coach throughout the day.
- You may need cash if you plan to buy souvenirs or lunch during the day.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
A coach will transport you from KISC to Lauterbrunnen train station, and two trains will then take you up to the Jungfraujoch. In the afternoon, you will take one train down to Kleine Scheidegg and hike the rest of the way down the mountain to Grindelwald. There you will meet the coach again and it will bring you back to KISC.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone