Overnight Fründen Hut
This hut is situated at the top of a rock knoll and immediately under the Fründen Glacier. The route consists of a series of long but moderately graded zigzags—gaining 1000m in little over 2km. A diverse and exciting route with spectacular views.
This is a reccomended schedule. Please bear in mind that times will vary depending on the weather and the groups ability but you will need to be there at 18:00 for dinner.
|13:00||Take the Gondola to Oeschinensee and begin hiking to the hut|
|17:30||Arrive at the hut|
|08:00||Begin walking back down|
|11:00||Take the gondola down from Oeschinensee|
|11:45||Arrive back at KISC|
- Overnight Adult price: CHF 52.00
- Overnight Child price: CHF 52.00
- Price includes: Overnight stay in the hut, dinner and breakfast
- Price does not include: Oeschinensee gondola tickets, packed lunch
- Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Gondola tickets from Kandersteg to Oeschinensee can be purchased from reception at KISC.
- From KISC to Oeschinensee the path is on a Wanderweg and there are no real difficulties to be aware of.
- From Oeschinensee the path through the forest gets slippery in wet weather.
- The rest of the track is on steep terrain and in places cables are in place to aid you. Care should be taken.
- This overnight is not available on Saturdays.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
- Sheet sleeping bag required if staying at hut
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Hüttentest: Fründenhütte
- Swiss Explorer Award