Overnight Fründen Hut
This hut is situated at the top of a rock knoll and immediately under the Fründen Glacier. The route consists of a series of long but moderately graded zigzags—gaining 1000m in little over 2km. A diverse and exciting route with spectacular views. As of 2020, the route to Fründenhutte has been re-directed around the back of Oeschinensee on an exposed technical alpine route. Comfort with heights and a via ferrata kit is recommended.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability, but you will need to be there at 18:00 for dinner.
|09:45||Take the Gondola to Oeschinensee and begin hiking to the hut|
|16:00||Arrive at the hut|
|08:00||Begin walking back down|
|12:30||Take the gondola down from Oeschinensee|
|13:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Overnight adult price: CHF 58.00 (not available on Saturday)
- Overnight child price: CHF 58.00 (not available on Saturday)
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- As of 2020, the route to Fründenhutte has been re-directed around the back of Oeschinensee on a technical alpine route. Comfort with heights and a via ferrata kit is recommended.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is necessary for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit (subject to availability).
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast