Overnight Lötschenpass Hike
Complete the Lötschenpass hike over two days. This hike follows the same route as the one-day Lötschenpass Hike, but for the first day, you will walk from Kandersteg, along the Gastern Valley and up to Gfellalp. This gives you the chance to have a more relaxed hike and to experience a mountain hut. The second day takes you from Gfellalp, up and over the Lötschenpass and down to Ferden where the bus and train will take you back to Kandersteg.
This is only a guide. Times may change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your guide at the Centre, equipment check||09:30|
|Leave the Chalet and hike to the Gastern valley||10:00|
|Arrive in Selden and eat lunch||13:00|
|Arrive at Gfellalp hut||15:00|
|Eat dinner at the hut||18:00|
|Wake up, eat breakfast, clean the hut||07:30|
|Begin hiking to Lotschenpass Hut||08:30|
|Begin Hiking into the Lochental||10:30|
|Arrive in Ferden and catch the bus to Goppenstein||16:42|
|Take the train from Goppenstein through the Lotschberg tunnel||17:00|
|Arrive in Kandersteg and walk back the the Centre||17:31|
Price Adult: CHF 52.00
Price Child: CHF 52.00
Price includes: KISC guide, overnight stay at Gfellalp Hut, transport back to Kandersteg from Ferden
Price doesn’t include: Meals (packed lunches, dinner and breakfast)
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
This hike is not available to start on Saturdays and Sundays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a packed lunch for the first day (prepared in the morning), and a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day. For the lunch on the second day, you can book packed lunch which is also prepared by your group on the morning of the first day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds two stoves (one wood burning and one gas), access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too; they will provide their own lunches and breakfast.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie Guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group.
- The Lötschenpass Hut supplies all bedding, but you can take your own sleeping bags/sleeping bag liners if you would prefer.
- Rucksack - lightweight and water resistant
- Hiking boots with ankle support - trainers or shoes without ankle support are not acceptable
- Waterproof jacket waterproof trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers and fleece, no jeans)
- Sun protection (hat, suncream and sunglasses)
- Warm hat
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner
- Pocket money (optional)
- Ice axe (supplied by KISC when necessary)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Huttentest: Gfellalphütte and Lötschenpasshütte
- Wanderrucksack Silver: Gastereholz
- Wanderrucksack Gold: Alpetli