A moderate walk through the forests up to the Üeschene valley, and to the beautiful viewpoint over Kandersteg.
The Alpschelehubel is situated on the northern end of the Lohner mountains and above the Allmenalp area.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
Enter the Ueschinen valley
Hike up to Lohner slopes
Arrive at the Alpshelehubel
Start hiking down to KISC
Arrive back at KISC
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
Autumn (Sep, Oct, Nov)
Summer (Jun, Jul, Aug)
Duration 3 hours 30 minutes from Kandersteg (one way)
TSA Terrain level
Group size no limit
Minimum age limit
from 12 years