Make the most of our programme
The local Tourist office has set up a challenge for visitors of Kandersteg to visit as many mountain huts in the local area as possible. There are well made and maintained paths to each of the huts.
Visit 2 to 4 mountain huts
Possible to achieve:
in Summer, Autumn
- Start by collecting a Hut Card from KISC Reception. Depending on how many huts you visit you can achieve different Awards; the Bronze Award for visiting 2 Huts, the Silver Award for visiting 3 huts and the Golden Award for visiting 4 mountain huts.
- If you are staying at KISC, before you go on a hike to one of the huts, don’t forget to fill a Route card.
- Collect stamps from these huts: Fründen Hut, Blümlisalp Hut, Balmhorn Hut, Doldenhorn Hut, Lämmeren Hut, Lötschenpass Hut, Hotel Schwarenbach, Gfellalp Hut, Gölitschenalp Cheesery
- Reach the hut and ask the hut warden to stamp or sign the card. If they are not there, take a photo of yourself at the hut.
- If you have visited the huts, you can purchase the relevant metal pin at the KISC Reception.