Guided Skiing / Snowboarding - Kandersteg
Oeschinensee is a great place for beginners or to warm up and help you get back into skiing or snowboarding. If you have professional lessons booked, your guide will help you get there and if needed, join the lesson as well to help out the instructor with any weaker members of the group. After the lesson, they can help the group to focus on what they have learnt as the day goes on. Professional lessons are not essential for this activity, providing that your group all know how to ski or snowboard safely.
|08:30||Meet your guide|
|08:56||Take the bus from KISC|
|09:15||Arrive at the Oeschinensee gondola bottom station|
|09:25||Arrive at the Oeschinensee gondola top station|
|09:30||Start warming up|
|09:45||Start Skiing / Snowboarding|
|13:00||Continue Skiing / Snowboarding|
|16:16||Take the bus back to KISC|
Price Adult: CHF 12.00
Price Youth: CHF 12:00
Price Child: CHF 12.00
Price includes: A KISC guide, transport to the ski resort, a hot drink or soup at lunch
Price doesn’t include: Ski/snowboard rental, Helmet, Ski pass
- Less than 7 days before the activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
- A helmet is essential for all KISC guided activities.
- Our guides are there to help but they are not teachers. If you have never had skied or snowboarded before then having lessons in addition to this activity is essential.
- One responsible leader must be part of the group for all KISC guided activities.
All participants must have everything on the list. If any participant does not have any of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Full water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box with your packed lunch
- The ski passes that your ski guide gives you!
- Your skis/snowboards and poles (if not hiring)
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Helmet (compulsory for guided skiing, snowboarding or sledding, strongly recommended for unguided activities)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Ski Award
- Winter Activity Award
Please let us know the level of skiers or snowboarders in your group when booking.
You have never skied or snowboarded before. Or maybe you have had one lesson before where you had your first experiences at: standing, gliding, basic stopping, basic direction changes.
You have used a ski lift before, you can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a blue piste. You can brake confidently.
You can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a red piste. You can traverse a slope (Skiers can brake in the parallel ski position).
Skiing - You turn with either swing turns or parallel turns.
Snowboarding - You can make C - Turns and brake quickly.
Skiing - You can carve on a blue piste and you use parallel turns on red and black pistes. You can safely ski and control your speed on a black piste.
Snowboarding - You can make S - turns on blue and red pistes. You can safely snowboard making C - Turns and control your speed on a black piste.