Guided Doldenhorn Hut Hike
The hike starts on the valley floor. Explore the forest on the east face of the valley and hike up and over the tree line. Arrive to a rocky plateau where the hut is situated and enjoy one of the most magnificent views around here. This is a very enjoyable hike and gives you the opportunity to see the stunning scenery of Kandersteg from a different point of view.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||Meet your guide at the Centre, have equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|09:00||Begin with a relaxed walk along the back path to the village|
|09:30||Follow the paths up to Oschiwald and up the road towards Oeschinensee|
|10:00||Turn to the wanderweg onto the bergweg signposted to Doldenhorn Hut|
|12:30||Arrive at Doldenhorn Hut, eat lunch and sample Swiss food|
|13:30||Start hiking down to the Centre|
|16:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price adult (16+): CHF 14.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 14.00
Price includes a KISC guide, cheese and meat tray at the hut.
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person.
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non refundable.
- This hike is not available on Sundays
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)