Winteregg Climbing Course
Our guides take you straight up to Winteregg (1'908m) with the Sunnbüel cable car, and you will spend the whole day exploring the different climbing areas. The focus is on learning in a challenging and fun environment. Basic skills include equipment selection, knots and ropework, belaying, movement and climbing techniques. Our guides will ensure safety and set up climbs tailored to the ability of the group.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your staff guide in front of the Centre, equipment check||8:30|
|Take the Sunnbuel cable car to Winteregg Climbing area||9:15|
|Introduction to climbing equipment and safety||9:30|
|Take turns climbing and learn to belay with instruction from our staff||9:45|
|Climb some more, moving to more advanced areas||13:00|
|Evaluate the day, pack up equipment and walk to the cable car||16:00|
|Take the cable car down and walk back to KISC||16:30|
|Arrive at the Centre||17:00|
- Price Adult: CHF 31.00
- Price Child: CHF 31.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, return cable car tickets, climbing equipment
Price does not include: meals (packed lunch)
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
- This activity is not available on Sundays
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- High Adventure Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.