Our Chalet Hike (WAGGGS World Centre)
Hike up over the peak of Bunderspitz to the nearby town of Adelboden, home to our friends Our Chalet, a World Centre of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
This hike takes approximately 6 hours from Kandersteg to Adelboden. We recommend getting the 08:30 gondola up to Allmenalp. Transport back to Kandersteg takes about 1 hour by bus.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
Adult price: CHF 31.00
Child price: CHF 16.00
Price includes: price for Allmenalp cable car, price for bus from Adelboden back to KISC
Price does not include: meals (packed lunch
- Before your departure, you need to fill in a route card at Reception
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in Reception.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award