Gällihorn is the northernmost point of the Üeschenegrat that stands between the valleys of Üschene and Spittelmatte. The north face of Gällihorn drops steeply down to the Kander valley, but the ascent from the Üeschene (the back path) is less exposed. The approach to the shoulder (2165m) is still long but from the summit (2284m) there are awesome views to the east, north and west.
Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|10:00||Enter the Ueschinen valley|
|11:00||Cross the river up and hike up to Gällihorn|
|13:00||Arrive at Gällihorn|
|13:30||Begin walking down to KISC|
|17:00||Arrive back to KISC|
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone