Three Valleys Hike'n'Climb
Start the morning hiking up to the Ueschinen Hut, where you will have lunch before spending the afternoon rock climbing. In the evening, relax and enjoy the amazing views from the hut. The next day you will gain some elevation and get to see lovely sceneries from many different places. At the end of the hike, we will take the cable car down to KISC.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your guide outside the Chalet, equipment check||08:30|
|Walk to the Hut via Ueschinen valley||09:00|
|Arrive at the hut, eat lunch||12:00|
|Climbing at Morning rock||13:30|
|Climbing at Milk Rock||15.00|
|Briefing for day 2||19:00|
|Wake up, eat breakfast, clean the hut||06:45|
|Arrive at Tschingellochtighorn||11:00|
|Traverse across to Schwarzgratli, stop for lunch||13:00|
|Hike to Schwarnbach, stop for a snack if time allows||14:00|
|Take Sunnbuel cable car down||16:00|
|Arrive back at KISC||17:00|
Price Adult: CHF 50.00
Price Child: CHF 50.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, climbing equipment, overnight at the Ueschinen Hut, the cable car down from Sunnbüel
Price does not include: Meals (Dinner, breakfast and packed lunch)
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
This activity is not available to start on Saturdays and Sundays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a packed lunch for the first day (prepared in the morning), and a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day. For the lunch on the second day, you can book packed lunch which is also prepared by your group on the morning of the first day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds two stoves (one wood burning and one gas), access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too; they will provide their own lunches and breakfast.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie Guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- High Adventure Award
- KISC Challenge Award
- Huttentest: Ueschinen Hut
- Huttentest: Schwarenbach
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.