Overnight Blüemlisalp Hut
This hike requires a good level of fitness. The approach from Kandersteg is fairly sustained, but frequently used because the gradually ascending route offers a great variety of alpine scenery starting from the lake, through high pasture land and ending on the rough rock / glacier slopes around the hut. The hut is one of the biggest in the region with 124 beds and restaurant services.
This is only a recommendation. Times may vary depending on weather conditions and groups ability.
The hike up to Blüemlisalp Hut from Oeschinensee takes approximately 5 hours. We suggest taking the gondola up to oeschinensee at 10:00, this will allow you to take your time and arrive to the hut in good time for dinner (served at 18:30).
Price Adult: CHF 56.00
Price Child: CHF 56.00
Price includes: Overnight at the hut, dinner and breakfast at the hut
Price doesn’t include: Packed lunch, oeschinensee gondola tickets
Guest Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Do not forget to fill out a Route Card before you leave
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- This hut needs to be booked in advance: it is likely to become fully booked in the busy summer months
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is expected that you will be on time for dinner so please don’t be late!
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
Oeschinensee gondola tickets are available to purchase from our reception:
Adult return: CHF 22.40
Child return: CHF 11.20
It is possible to walk from KISC and not take the gondola. This will add approximately 1 hour onto the hike (one way).
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- High Adventure Award
- KISC Challenge Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- Huttentest: Blüemlisalp