Overnight Blüemlisalp Hut
This hike requires a good level of fitness. The approach from Kandersteg is fairly sustained, but frequently used because the gradually ascending route offers a great variety of alpine scenery starting from the lake, through high pasture land and ending on the rough rock / glacier slopes around the hut. The hut is one of the biggest in the region with 124 beds and restaurant services.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|09:15||Follow route 17 up to Oeschinensee|
|11:00||Hike up to Oberbärgli|
|15:00||Arrive at Blüemlisalp|
|08:30||Start hiking down to KISC|
|10:45||Follow route 7 to Oeschinensee gondola|
|11:45||Take the Oeschinensee gondola|
|12:30||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price adult: CHF 16.30 (single ticket), CHF 22.20 (return ticket)
- Price child: CHF 8.30 (single ticket), CHF 11.20 (return ticket)
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
Water bottle - 2 litres
Food - packed lunch and snacks
Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
Pocket money (optional)
First aid kit
Hiking map, compass and whistle
Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
Food - dinner and breakfast
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.