Overnight Blüemlisalp Hut
This hike requires a good level of fitness. The approach from Kandersteg is fairly sustained, but frequently used because the gradually ascending route offers a great variety of alpine scenery starting from the lake, through high pasture land and ending on the rough rock / glacier slopes around the hut. The hut is one of the biggest in the region with 124 beds and restaurant services.
The hike up to Blüemlisalp Hut from Oeschinensee takes approximately 5 hours. We suggest taking the gondola up to oeschinensee at 10:00, this will allow you to take your time and arrive to the hut in good time for dinner (served at 18:30).
This is only a recommendation. Times may vary depending on weather conditions and groups ability
Price Adult: CHF 56.00
Price Child: CHF 56.00
Price includes: Overnight at the hut, dinner and breakfast at the hut
Price doesn’t include: Packed lunch, oeschinensee gondola tickets
Guest Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Do not forget to fill out a Route Card before you leave
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in Reception.
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- This hut needs to be booked in advance: it is likely to become fully booked in the busy summer months
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is expected that you will be on time for dinner so please don’t be late!
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
Oeschinensee gondola tickets are available to purchase from our reception:
Adult return: CHF 21.90
Child return: CHF 11.00
It is possible to walk from KISC and not take the gondola. This will add approximately 1 hour onto the hike (one way).
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- High Adventure Award
- KISC Challenge Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- Huttentest: Blüemlisalp