Lötschenpass Hut Overnight Hike
For the first day walk through the beautiful Gastern valley. The hike will continue steeply up the valley side, passing Gfellalp Hut and the Lötschen glacier: a spectacular introduction to glacier walking. From the glacier, you continue further to the Lötschenpass Hut (2’690 m), where you will have an incredible overnight on a Swiss Alpine Club hut. The next day, hike down the beautiful Lötschen valley where you will catch a bus and a train to bring you back to Kandersteg.
In 2022, the Lötschenpass Hut is open from 1st of June to 31th of October.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|07:30||Have the equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|08:00||Leave the Chalet and hike up into the Gastern valley|
|11:00||Arrive in Selden|
|12:30||Arrive at Gfelalp Hut and eat lunch|
|13.15||Continue hiking towards the Lötschenpass glacier|
|15.30||Start crossing the Lötschenpass glacier|
|17.30||Arrive to Lötchenpass Hut|
|07:30||Wake up, clean and eat breakfast|
|08:30||Leave the Hut|
|13:42||Arrive in Ferden and catch the bus to Goppenstein|
|14:02||Take the train through the Lötschberg tunnel|
|14:12||Arrive in Kandersteg, and walk back to Centre|
|14:42||Arrive at KISC|
- Price adult (16+): CHF 95.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 90.00
Price includes: a KISC guide, overnight at the Lötschenpass Hut, dinner, breakfast the next day, bus from Ferden to Goppenstein and the train from Goppenstein to Kandersteg.
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
This activity is not available on Saturdays and Sundays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
The Lötschenpass Hut supplies all bedding, but you can take your own sleeping bags/sleeping bag liners if you would prefer.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast