Lötschenpass Hut Overnight Hike
For this one day hike, walk along the Gastern Valley, where the hike begins. The hike will continue steeply up the valley side, passing Gfellalp Hut and the Lötschen glacier: a spectacular introduction to glacier walking. From the Glacier, you continue further to the Lötschenpass Hut (2’690 m), where you will have an incredible overnight on a Swiss Alpine Club Hut. The next day, hike down the beautiful Lötschental Valley where you will catch a bus and a train to bring you back to Kandersteg.
This is only one of the recommended time suggestions. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|07:30||Have the equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|08:00||Leave the Chalet and hike up into the Gastern valley|
|11:00||Arrive in Selden|
|12:30||Arrive at Gfelalp Hut and eat lunch|
|13.15||Continue hiking towards the Lötschenpass Glacier|
|15.30||Start crossing the Lötschenpass Glacier|
|17.30||Arrive to Lötchenpass Hut|
|07:30||Wake up, clean and eat breakfast|
|08:30||Leave the Hut|
|13:42||Arrive in Ferden and catch the bus to Goppenstein|
|14:02||Take the train through the Lötschberg tunnel|
|14:12||Arrive in Kandersteg, and walk back to Centre|
|14:42||Arrive at KISC|
Price Adult: CHF 90.00
Price Child: CHF 90.00
Price includes: Overnight at the Lötschenpass Hut, dinner, breakfast the next day. Bus and train back to Kandersteg.
Price doesn't include: Meals during the hike
This activity is not available to start on Saturdays and Sundays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
The Lötschenpass Hut supplies all bedding, but you can take your own sleeping bags/sleeping bag liners if you would prefer.
- Rucksack - lightweight and water resistant
- Hiking boots with ankle support - trainers or shoes without ankle support are not acceptable
- Waterproof jacket waterproof trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers and fleece, no jeans)
- Sun protection (hat, suncream and sunglasses)
- Warm hat
- Special medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Packed food
- Pocket money (optional)
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Hüttentest: Ueschinenhütte and Schwarenbach
- Bronze Wanderrucksack: Arvenseeli
- Gold Wanderrucksack: Bunderspitz and Schwarzgrätli