|07:35||Have the equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|07:55||Catch an exciting bus ride to Selden|
|08:15||Start hiking up to the Lötchen glacier|
|12:30||Arrive at Lötschenpass Hut and eat lunch|
|13:30||Start hiking down the other side of the pass to Ferden|
|17:42||Take the bus to Goppenstein|
|18:01||Take the train from Goppenstein through Lötschberg tunnel|
|18:12||Arrive in Kandersteg train station and walk back to the Centre|
Taking the following transport options is recommended. If you wish to book suggested transport options, you will need to book them in advance as it is likely to become fully booked.
Bus tickets can be booked through the online form under the name "Bus to Selden". More information about the bus can be found here.
- Price adult: CHF 12.50 (single ticket)
- Price child: CHF 8.50 (single ticket)
Guest Cancellation: the guest cancellation policy for the bus can be found here.
Tickets for the bus and train from Ferden to Kandersteg can only be bought from the bus driver in Ferden.
- Price Adult: CHF 14.00
- Price Child: CHF 7.00
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone