Doldenhorn Hut Hike
The hike starts on the valley floor. Explore the forest on the east face of the valley and hike up and over the tree line. Arrive at a rocky plateau where the hut is situated and enjoy one of the most magnificent views around here. This is a very enjoyable hike and gives you the opportunity to see the stunning scenery of Kandersteg from a different point of view.
Time: 2 h 30 min from Kandersteg (one way)
This is only one of the recommended time suggestions. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||Start your hike|
|09:00||Begin with a relaxed walk along the back path to the village|
|09:30||Follow the paths up to Oschiwald and up the road towards Oeschinensee|
|10:00||Turn off the Wanderweg onto the Bergweg signposted to Doldenhorn Hut|
|12:30||Arrive at Doldenhorn Hut, eat lunch|
|13:30||Start hiking down to the Scout Centre|
|16:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- No special pricing. Take some pocket money if you wish to taste Swiss delicacies at the Doldenhorn Hut.
- If you would like to take a village bus at some point of your journey, it is free if you wear a scout scarf or carry a token from our Reception
- Before your departure, you need to fill in the Route Card
- Before departing, please check at Reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun Glasses
- Packed Food
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Hüttentest: Doldenhornhütte
- Bronze Wander Rucksack: Biberg