This hike will take you up from the Centre to the Höh viewpoint. After that, we will start our way up through the forest, steep steps ahead will lead us to Golitschenalp where the Cheesery stands. Views of Thun and its lake will turn in front of us and we will learn how traditionally the cheesemakers of the valley works. You will also get the chance to try some of the freshly made products.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:00||Meet your guide at the Centre, have the equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|08:15||Start your hike|
|09:30||Stop at the Höh viewpoint overlooking Kandersteg and across to Oeschinensee|
|12:00||Arrive at the Cheesery, learn about the cheese making process and sample some milk and cheese|
|13:00||Eat packed lunch at the Cheesery|
|13:30||Depart to head back to KISC|
|17:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price adult (16+): CHF 12.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 12.00
Price includes: a KISC Guide and cheese and milk at the Cheesery.
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
- This hike is not available on Sundays
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)