Make the most of our programme
For groups that are coming to experience a full week of skiing, this award will encourage you to learn more about this popular sport while developing your own skills!
14+ years old:
Complete 7 requirements
13 years old and below:
Complete 5 requirements
Possible to achieve:
- Ride 3 different types of a ski lift. Choose from the following: rope tow, t-bar, chair lift, gondola and cable car.
- Ski or snowboard down a blue run with controlled linked turns. Learn how the grading of ski slopes work.
- Explain the 10 FIS rules of the ski slopes.
- Play a group ski game, such as “human slalom”.
- Learn how to climb small slopes in your skis and how ski resorts affect the environment.
- Show on a piste map where you have been and learn how to read a ski map.
- Know about and understand hypothermia.
- Learn the importance of warming up and take part in a group warm up.
- Demonstrate how to carry your skis safely.
- Share a ski lift with somebody you have never met before and say ‘Hello’ and start a small talk.
- Take part in a KISC evening activity.