Private Ski / Snowboard Lesson - Kandersteg
If you want to get the most out of your skiing or snowboarding, why not take a private lesson at Oeschinensee? A local Instructor will be able to help you improve your skills and technique. These instructors are well practised in teaching beginners the basics or helping those who are more advanced lose their bad habits and build up their skills. You can also add a limited number of extra people for 10 CHF per person.
Start times will vary depending on the availability of the Ski School. You meet the instructor at the top station of the Oeschinensee gondola 15 minutes before the start time of your lesson.
You may not find out the start time of your lesson until the night before, therefore if you don’t have time to collect your rentals the night before then please mention this in the order form and you won’t be allocated a lesson in the start of the day.
Price Adult: CHF 70.00
Price Youth CHF 70:00
Price Child: CHF 70.00
To the Private lesson for an individual, you can add up to 5 additional participants, each for an extra CHF 10.00 per person.
Price includes: Private coaching from a professional ski instructor.
Price doesn’t include: Ski Rental, Helmet, Ski Pass
Guest Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
Booking this activity: in the online order form select activity called ,,Private Ski Lesson" and select the level of skiing/snowboard of the group and add a row in case you want to add additional participants - ,,Private Ski lesson - Kandersteg (for additional participants)"
- Lesson times will not be finalised until the evening before. If you arrive to KISC the evening before your lesson then please make us aware of this in your lesson request so we know you need time to collect your equipment in the morning.
- There may be a queue to collect your ski pass at the gondola station so make sure to arrive plenty of time before your lesson starts.
- This lesson will either be for skiing or snowboarding, not both.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By Road: 20 minutes
- Directions from KISC to Oeschinensee Gondola bottom station here.
- Address: Gondelbahn Kandersteg Oeschinensee, Oeschistrasse 50, 3718 Kandersteg
- Once at the bottom of the gondola station, you need to take the gondola to the top where you will meet your instructor.
By Bus: 30 minutes
- Buses leave from KISC to Kandersteg train station hourly between 07:57 and 17:57
- At some busy times in the day, the bus will continue from the train station to the gondola station however the availability of this will vary.
Example timetable from KISC to Oeschinensee gondola bottom station. (Times vary depending on queues at the gondola station)
|08:55||Bus departs KISC|
|09:06||Arrive at Kandersteg train station|
|09:20||Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola bottom station|
|09:27||Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola top station|
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sun glasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Ski Pass
- Skis, boots and poles
- Ski Award
- Winter Activity Award
To make it easier to assign your scouts to the correct group we will need to know their skill level of skiing or snowboarding. Snowstorm uses the following levels. Please let us know the level of each participant in your group when booking.
You have never skied or snowboarded before. Or maybe you have had one lesson before where you had your first experiences at: standing, gliding, basic stopping, basic direction changes.
You have used a ski lift before, you can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a blue piste. You can brake confidently.
You can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a red piste. You can traverse a slope (Skiers can brake in the parallel ski position).
Skiing - You turn with either swing turns or parallel turns.
Snowboarding - You can make C - Turns and brake quickly.
Skiing - You can carve on a blue piste and you use parallel turns on red and black pistes. You can safely ski and control your speed on a black piste.
Snowboarding - You can make S - turns on blue and red pistes. You can safely snowboard making C - Turns and control your speed on a black piste.