At the lake, you can visit the Trout farm, take a boat ride on the crystal clear waters, or enjoy the BBQ areas available for you to use.
Time: 2 hours from Kandersteg (one way) by foot.
This is only one of the recommended time suggestions. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability. There is an option to get the bus to/from Kandersteg train station directly to Blausee.
|8:30||Start your hike following the river towards Kandersteg Village|
|09:30||Arrive at Höh view point|
|09:45||Follow the Kander river again signposted Blausee|
|10:00||Descend from Büel through the woods|
|10:30||Arrive at Blausee|
- Bus Kandersteg - Blausee: SFr. 6.60 (Adult) 3.30 (Child),- (approximately 10 min.)
- Entrance fee to Blausee: SFr. 1,- payable at KISC Reception (with group ticket) The group ticket can be borrowed from Reception.
- Before your departure, you need to fill in the Route Card at Reception
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Packed food
- Pocket money
- First Aid Kit
- Mobile Phone
- Swiss Explorer Award
This hike can be even more enjoyable when learning about the environment around you. The self-guided booklet below can help you explore the Alps the eco way.