At the lake, you can visit the Trout farm, take a boat ride on the crystal clear waters, or enjoy the BBQ areas available for you to use.
Time: 2 hours from Kandersteg (one way).
Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability. There is an option to get the bus to/from Kandersteg train station directly to Blausee.
|Start your hike following the river towards Kandersteg Village||08:30|
|Arrive at Hoh viewpoint||09:30|
|Follow the Kander river again signposted Blausee||09:45|
|Descend from Buel through the woods||10:00|
|Arrive at Blausee||10:30|
- Bus Kandersteg - Blausee: SFr. 6.80 (Adult) 3.40 (Child),- (approximately 10 min.)
- Entrance fee to Blausee: SFr. 1,- payable at KISC Reception (with group ticket) The group ticket can be borrowed from Reception.
- Before your departure, you need to fill in the Route Card at Reception.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in Reception.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Personal medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Packed food
- Pocket money
- First Aid Kit
- Mobile Phone
- Swiss Explorer Award
This hike can be even more enjoyable when learning about the environment around you. The self-guided booklet below can help you explore the Alps the eco way.