At the lake, you can visit the Trout farm, take a boat ride on the crystal clear waters, or enjoy the BBQ areas available for you to use.
Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability. There is an option to get the bus to/from Kandersteg train station directly to Blausee.
|Start your hike following the river towards Kandersteg Village||08:30|
|Arrive at Hoh viewpoint||09:30|
|Follow the Kander river again signposted Blausee||09:45|
|Descend from Buel through the woods||10:00|
|Arrive at Blausee||10:30|
|Start hiking back to KISC||11:00|
|Arrive back at KISC||13:00|
Bus Kandersteg - Blausee:
- Price adult: CHF 6.80 (single ticket)
- Price child (6-15): CHF 3,40 (single ticket)
Entrance fee to Blausee: SFr. 1,- payable at KISC reception (with group ticket). The group ticket can be borrowed from reception.
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
This hike can be even more enjoyable when learning about the environment around you. The self-guided booklet below can help you explore Blausee and the Alps the eco way.