Evolving Alps Hike
Leaving the end of the Kander valley, you will venture into the Gasterntal, a wide expansive glacial valley. You will spend half a day discovering how this breathtaking scenery was formed by giant continents crashing together and by the mighty Kanderfirn - one of the largest glaciers in Europe.
In summer we run this activity at 08:30 or at 14:00. The activity usually lasts for full morning or afternoon. This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||14:00||Meet your guide, equipment check and introduction to the hike|
|09:50||15:20||Pass by Waldhaus|
|10:20||15:50||Arrive at the return point|
|11:00||16:30||Return to Waldhaus|
|12:00||17:00||Arrive at KISC|
- Price Adult: CHF 3.00
- Price Child: CHF 3.00
Price includes: a KISC guide and the materials for the workshop
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
This activity is not available on Sunday mornings.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Wanderrucksack: Alpetli
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.