Evolving Alps Hike
Leaving the end of the Kandertal, you will venture into the Gasterntal, a wide expansive glacial valley. You will spend half a day discovering how this breathtaking scenery was formed by giant continents crashing together and by the mighty Kanderfirn - one of the largest glaciers in Europe.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||14:00||Meet your guide, equipment check and introduction to the hike|
|09:50||15:20||Pass by Waldhaus|
|10:20||15:50||Arrive at the return point|
|11:00||16:30||Return to Waldhaus|
|12:00||17:00||Arrive at KISC|
- Price adult (16+): CHF 3.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 3.00
Price includes: a KISC guide and the materials for the workshop
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
This activity is not available on Sunday mornings.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
- When booking this activity, you need to mention if you want to do the activity in the morning (08.30 am) or in the afternoon (14.00 pm) in the comment section in the booking form.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)