Group Ski / Snowboard Lesson - Kandersteg
Why not let the professional instructors at the local ski school help you improve your skiing or snowboarding? Weather you have never stood on ski’s or a snowboard before or you have been sliding down the slopes for years, these instructors will be able to give you the tips you need to improve or help you to lose any bad habits.
Start times will vary depending on the availability of the Ski School. You meet the instructor at the top station of the Oeschinensee gondola 15 minutes before the start time of your lesson.
You may not find out the start time of your lesson until the night before, therefore if you don’t have time to collect your rentals the night before then please mention this in the order form and you won’t be allocated a lesson during the start of the day.
Price Adult: CHF 32.00
Price Youth CHF 32.00
Price Child: CHF 32.00
Price includes: Group coaching from a professional instructor.
Price doesn’t include: Ski/Snowboard rental, Helmet, Lift pass
Guest Cancellation: Guest cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Lesson times will not be finalised until the evening before. If you arrive to KISC the evening before your lesson then please make us aware of this in your lesson request so we know you need time to collect your equipment in the morning.
- There may be a queue to collect your lift pass at the gondola station so make sure to arrive plenty of time before your lesson starts.
- This lesson will either be for skiing or snowboarding, not both.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By Road: 10 minutes
- Meet at Oeschistrasse 50, 3718 Kandersteg
- Once at the bottom of the gondola station, you need to take the gondola to the top where you will meet your instructor.
By Bus: 30 minutes
- Buses leave from KISC to Kandersteg train station hourly between 07:57 and 17:57
- At some busy times in the day, the bus will continue from the train station to the gondola station however the availability of this will vary.
Example timetable from KISC to Oeschinensee gondola bottom station. (Times vary depending on queues at the gondola station)
|08:55||Bus departs KISC|
|09:06||Arrive at Kandersteg train station|
|09:20||Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola bottom station|
|09:27||Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola top station|
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Ski Pass
- Skis, boots and poles/Snowboard and snowboard boots
- Ski Award
- Winter Activity Award
To make it easier to assign your scouts to the correct group we will need to know their skill level of skiing or snowboarding. Snowstorm uses the following levels. Please let us know the level of each participant in your group when booking.
You have never skied or snowboarded before. Or maybe you have had one lesson before where you had your first experiences at: standing, gliding, basic stopping, basic direction changes.
You have used a ski lift before, you can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a blue piste. You can brake confidently.
You can safely ski or snowboard and control your speed on a red piste. You can traverse a slope (Skiers can brake in the parallel ski position).
Skiing - You turn with either swing turns or parallel turns.
Snowboarding - You can make C - Turns and brake quickly.
Skiing - You can carve on a blue piste and you use parallel turns on red and black pistes. You can safely ski and control your speed on a black piste.
Snowboarding - You can make S - turns on blue and red pistes. You can safely snowboard making C - Turns and control your speed on a black piste.