Oeschinensee Snowshoe Tour
Take a cable car up into the mountains where you will trek through the untracked snow and admire the beautiful views of Oeschinensee.
An intermediate snowshoeing tour that starts and finishes at the top of Oeschinensee Gondola. This tour winds through the beautiful snowy forests too Oeschinensee. Here you will see spectacular views of the lake and Blüemlisalp. Once at the lake you can relax in the cafe whilst admiring the view or maybe even walk on the frozen lake.
Please check the opening hours of the gondola as these vary throughout the season.
- Price adult (16+): CHF 27.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 27.00
Price includes: Gondola return ticket, Snowshoe rental
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
By road: 55 minutes
- The walk from KISC to the Gondola bottom station takes around 45-50 minutes. After that you will need to take the gondola to the top to begin the hike.
By bus: 30 minutes
- Buses leave from KISC to Kandersteg train station hourly between 07:57 and 17:57
- At some busy times in the day, the bus will continue from the train station to the gondola station however the availability of this will vary.
Example timetable from KISC to Oeschinensee gondola bottom station. (Times vary depending on queues at the gondola station)
|Bus departs from KISC||08:55|
|Arrive at Kandersteg train station||09:06|
|Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola bottom station||09:20|
|Arrive at Oeschinensee gondola top station||09:27|
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Waterproof hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Winter trousers and jacket - preferably waterproof
- Warm clothing - thermal base-layer, fleece (no jeans)
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - minimum 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication - epipen, asthma inhaler, etc
- Pocket money (optional)
Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb)
Duration 2 hours
Group size no limit
Minimum age limit
from 12 years