Summer High Season Staff
We looking forward to receiving your interest form!
- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
- Has been a KISC staff member before
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with one of the vaccinations recognised by Switzerland
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Ensure a high quality of guest service at all times
- Guest correspondence relating to both reception and programme requests prior to, during, and after guest’s stay
- Work with KISC reservation software on an advanced level
Reception High Season Staff:
- Deal with any and all queries received in the Front Office: over the counter, by phone or email
- Making bookings (accommodation, catering, programme and other services)
- Assist with the administration of Programme activities
- Coordinate information flow between KISC teams regarding guest needs
- Control and count of the Centre’s tills
Programme High Season Staff:
- Running activities such as hiking, climbing, workshops, leadership...
- Supporting when needed the Reception, welcoming guests and dealing with guest enquiries
Chalet Services High Season Staff:
- Catering: cooking, serving, cleaning;
- Checking guests in and out in our facilities
- Cleaning of general guest areas
- Working with the laundry services and guest recycling
Campsite High Season Staff:
- Checking guests in and out in our campsite facilities
- Organising, maintaining and taking care of the campsite equipment for rent
- Ensuring the cleanliness and order of all campsite facilities
- Waste management and assistance in the control of KISC's recycling centres and guest recycling
- Running the campsite office
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involvement in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
High Season Staff provide great support for the Centre during the busy times or special events, working very closely with the Short Term Staff and Long Term Staff.
The line manager for this position is the Staff Development Director. Daily work is regularly supervised by Long Term Staff from different teams.
High Season Staff will have regular contact with other members of the Short and Long Term Staff team and it is essential to create a good working relationship and honest communication with them. High Season Staff must understand, respect and follow current KISC Staff rules and regulations during their entire stay.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related while working at KISC. Dental treatment is only covered if the damage was caused by an accident.
- If you are accepted, we strongly recommend that you arrange your own private travel insurance to cover sickness, routine dental treatment, travel to and from Kandersteg, and other cases/material that you consider important, as this is not provided by the Centre.
- Shared Accommodation with other staff
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 1.5 days off per week
- Up to 1 additional week at KISC with shared accommodation and food provided outside of the work period (dates to be agreed in advance with KISC)
- Accident insurance both on days off and during work
- 1 Staff Night Out per week during the work period.
- All bedding and towels, shampoo, soap and other basic toiletries
- Basic first aid items
- Laundry facilities
- 5 free overnights that can be used to host friends or family at the Centre during your HSS period
High Season Staff are responsible for securing their own entry to Switzerland including Visas if necessary.
- High Season Staff are volunteers and don't receive “pocket money”.
- Funds might be available to reimburse some travel costs for the High Season Staff journey to KISC
- If a High Season Staff would like to stay longer than the agreed amount of time, they can pay for accommodation and food at ex-staff prices.