Public Relations team - KISC 2023
We are looking for three experienced and creative people for the public relations team, to volunteer remotely and support our 100 years celebration of Kandersteg International Scout Centre. This team will be responsible for building and managing relationships with journalists and media worldwide, managing media activity and other activities. You will be working closely with the KISC 2023 Communications & Marketing team. We look forward to receiving your application and being part of 100 years of magical history together!
- Needs to be at least 18 years old.
- Communicate in a high level of written and spoken English
Skills & Qualifications
● Experience either as a journalist or a PR manager
● Excellent English writing skills.
● Understanding of Communications and Marketing principles and best practices)
● Ability to meet project deadlines, multitask, and manage multiple accounts at the same time.
● At least 1 year’s experience either as a journalist or a PR manager
● Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
● Commitment and ability to work remotely for a long-term period.
● Relevant knowledge of communications and public relations through education and/or work experience.
● Certification of experience in Public Relations.
● National, regional, or/and international Scouting experience.
● Ability to communicate in any other WOSM language; French, Arabic, Spanish, or/and Russian.
● Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies in alignment with the social media team.
● Collaborate with internal teams and maintain open communication with the 2023 Project Director.
● Build and manage relationships with journalists and media worldwide
● Create PR stories and pitch them to the media
● Recruit, train, and arrange spokespeople
● Provide the media with images and answers to their questions.
● Organize PR events (e.g. webinars) and serve as a promotional opportunity for networking and advertising.
● Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising in alignment with the Fundraising and Partnerships team.
● Assist in the delivery of KISC centenary’s Communications & Marketing plan.
● Use reporting tools and provide reports on the performance.
● Dealing with cross-functional teams to ensure proper execution and results delivery.
● Develop an ownership approach to ensure an accurate task delivery in a timely and efficient manner.
This remote volunteering position is supported and managed by the 2023 Project Director and the KISC PR & Marketing Manager. The Public Relations team is part of the wider KISC 2023 Communications & Marketing team.
One year free membership to the KISC association
2 free overnights at the center.
20% off up to a value of 100 CHF at KISC shop merchandise.
A good international environment for personal growth
Involvement in a major international Scouting initiative
Personal development plan throughout your assignment.
Certification and reference letter on completing the assignment successfully.
Be part of a big international family.
This is considered a remote volunteering position. You are invited to support the centenary remotely and as recognition of your contribution, you will receive a special KISC polo shirt, neckerchief, and badge. For more information about KISC 2023, please visit: https://2023.kisc.ch/