- Needs to be at least 21 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of IT
- Skill and knowledge of project management
- Demonstrated professional, disciplined and efficient approach to work and planning
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Office administration skills
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Has previously been a member of the staff team at KISC
- Experience working with a CMS, particularly Drupal
- Experience with PMS systems, ideally ASSD
- Experience with digitalization of processes and integrations
- Ensure a continuous improvement and development of our website and all its features
- Train and supervise the staff working on the website
- Organise, control, maintain and care for the integrations and features of the website.
- Research, analyse and present conclusions regarding our PMS and operations.
- Plan, define, coordinate, implement and review the future development of our PMS or the migration to a new software, in accordance with decisions made by the Director.
- Cooperation with external suppliers and partners
- Cooperation with all teams at the Centre
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Run and develop staff training
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involvement in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
Some deliverables of the project
- Project Scope Statement
- Project Charter
- Risk Analysis
- Project financial analysis and Budget
- Product Scope / Request for Proposal
- Project schedule
- Implementation process
- Project report
- KISC standard User manual
The position is part of the support staff team. There will be a lot of involvement and cooperation with other teams at the Centre, but particularly with the PR & Marketing team.
The line manager for this position is the Director. The Project Manager has regular meetings with the line manager and the PR & Marketing team to cover operational matters, as well as regular one-on-one appraisals.
The Project Manager will not manage any line staff, however, will be required to supervise staff working on the project on a regular basis.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre) for both work and non-work related activities over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- Sickness Insurance (provided by the Centre): All LTS will get private sickness insurance if necessary. The deductible (amount each LTS has to cover per calendar year themselves) is, if nothing else mentioned, CHF 300.-. This insurance covers any treatment due to sickness.
- Social Insurance according to the Swiss Law (provided by the Centre): Every LTS must have Social Insurance according to the Swiss regulations. This includes invalidity insurance, maternity leave and old-age and survivors' insurance (OASI). More information will be given during training.
- A room in one of the shared flats in Kandersteg
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week
- Pocket money starting from 500 CHF per month
- Management and leadership training
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries who have not been Staff at KISC before, we can apply for a 4-month visa, for 4-month contracts. The applicant needs to be under 35 years old for the whole duration of the contract.
- For citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries who have been Short Term or Long Term Staff at KISC before, there is usually a very low probability of getting another visa. If the non-EU/EFTA applicant is suitable for the role and fulfils specific requirements set by the Swiss authorities, there is a possibility to get a visa for a longer contract.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.