- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with one of the vaccinations recognised by Switzerland
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of volunteers
- Holds a full driver’s licence
- Demonstrated professional, disciplined and efficient approach to work and planning
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Office administration skills and computer literacy
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Has previously been a member of the staff team at KISC
- Has experienced the Summer season in the last 5 years
- Certification and experience in customer service, administration and/or management
- Experience in handling customer feedback and complaints
- Ability to communicate in German
- Ensure a high quality of guest service at all times
- Train and supervise the staff working on the campsite
- Plan and organise guest arrivals and departures, including the allocation of guests to camping sites
- Plan and coordinate the rental of campsite equipment, as well as the billing of items purchased/rented by guests while on site
- Organise, control and care of campsite equipment for rent
- Ensure the cleanliness and order of all campsite facilities
- Waste management and assistance in the control of KISC’s recycling centres and guest recycling
- Cooperation with external suppliers and partners
- Cooperation with the Grounds Manager
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Run and develop staff training
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involvement in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
The position is part of the Campsite team and the larger Guest Services team. The Campsite team consists of the Campsite Manager and a Campsite Assistant.
The line manager for this position is the Guest Services Director, with daily work coordinated and led by the Campsite Manager. The Campsite Assistant has weekly meetings with the line manager and the Campsite team to cover operational matters, and also has regular one-on-one appraisals.
The Campsite Assistant coordinates and supervises the daily work of the Campsite Short Term Staff and works together with other members of the Campsite team (Campsite Manager and Assistant).
The Campsite also operates with Short Term Staff during the summer. The Campsite Long Term Staff take responsibility for the daily management of the Short term staff and any other staff working in Campsite on a rotational basis.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- Sickness Insurance (provided by the Centre): All LTS will get private sickness insurance if necessary. The deductible (the amount each LTS has to cover per calendar year themselves) is, if nothing else mentioned, CHF 300.-. This insurance covers any treatment due to sickness.
- Social Insurance according to the Swiss Law (provided by the Centre): Every LTS must have Social Insurance according to the Swiss regulations. This includes invalidity insurance, maternity leave and old-age and survivors' insurance (OASI). More information will be given during training.
- A room in one of the shared flats in Kandersteg
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week
- 400 CHF Pocket money per month
- Management and leadership training
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits as detailed here on our website
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have not been Staff at KISC before and are selected for the position, KISC will apply for a 4-month visa, for a 4-month contract maximum. The applicant needs to be under 35 years old for the whole duration of the contract.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have been Short Term or Long Term Staff at KISC before, unfortunately it is not possible to obtain a work permit/visa even for a 4 month period.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.