Returning from the summit the route descends through the Gastern valley back to KISC. UnterTatelishorn offers a spectacular panoramic view and a fantastic vantage point to see into Gasterntal and Kandersteg.
This hike takes approximately 7 hours 30 minutes from Sunnbüel cable car station (round trip)
Times might change according to the weather and the group's ability.
- Before your departure, you need to fill in a route card at Reception
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in Reception.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
Wanderrucksack: Gastereholz, Gurnigelweg, Rote Chumme