Ueschinen Hut Hike & Climb
This workshop is run at the Centre’s Ueschinen Hut in the Ueschinen valley and is aimed at beginners. You will hike up to the Centre's mountain hut in the afternoon and spend the night there enjoying great scenery. The climbing workshops are held on the next morning before hiking back to the Centre.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your staff guide outside the Chalet, check all equipment||14:00|
|Walk to the Ueschinen Hut via the Ueschinen valley||14:15|
|Arrive at the Ueschinen Hut||16:30|
|Briefing for day 2||19:00|
|Clean the hut and prepare for climbing||08:30|
|Climb at Morning Rock (easy)||09:30|
|Climb at Milk Rock (easy)||13:00|
|Hike back to the Centre||15:00|
|Arrive back at the Centre||17:00|
- Price adult (16+): CHF 40.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 40.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, climbing equipment, overnight at the Ueschinen Hut
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
This hike is not available to start on Saturdays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
The level of the climbing session is easy, please keep that in mind and prepare your group accordingly.
- Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day. For the lunch on the second day, you can book packed lunch which is prepared by your group on the morning of the first day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds a stoves, access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group. The hut has 3 rooms of 12, 9 and 9. Beds are not allocated in advance so allocation needs to be decided by groups upon arrival.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast