Three Valleys Hike
This hike is your chance to visit three different valleys on the same trip. Starting at 14:00 the first day from the centre, sleep in the Ueschinen hut at 1'890 meters. The next day you will gain some elevation and get to see lovely sceneries from many different places. At the end of the hike, we will take the cable car down to KISC.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your guide at the Centre, equipment check||14:00|
|Leave the Chalet and hike up into the Ueschinen Valley||14:15|
|Arrive at the Ueschinen hut, cook dinner and relax||17:30|
|Wake up, eat breakfast, clean the hut||06:45|
|Arrive at teh top of Engstilgengrat||11:00|
|Traverse across and descend via the Schwarygratli and stop for lunch||12:00|
|Take Sunnbuel cable car down||15:00|
|Arrive back at the Centre||17:00|
Price Adult: CHF 40.00
Price Child: CHF 40.00
Price includes: KISC guide, Overnight at the Ueschinen Hut, the cable car down from Sunnbüel
Price does not include: Meals at the hut and during the whole duration of the hike
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
This hike is not available to start on Saturdays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day. For the lunch on the second day, you can book packed lunch which is prepared by your group on the morning of the first day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds two stoves (one wood burning and one gas), access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie Guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
- Rucksack - lightweight and water resistant
- Hiking boots with ankle support - trainers or shoes without ankle support are not acceptable
- Waterproof jacket waterproof trousers
- Water bottle (Full minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers and fleece, no jeans)
- Sun protection (hat, suncream and sunglasses)
- Warm hat
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Pocket money (optional)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Hüttentest: Ueschinen Hut and Schwarenbach
- Bronze Wanderrucksack: Arvenseeli
- Gold Wanderrucksack: Bunderspitz and Schwarzgrätli
- High Adventure Award
- KISC Challenge Award