Snow and Rail Lauchernalp
Lauchernalp is located on the other side of the Lotschberg train tunnel that starts just next to our campsite. Located just 1 hour and 15 minutes away from KISC, our “Snow and Rail” passes will get you there with all travel costs included. Once there you will be faced with long steep slopes that we highly recommend for only the more advanced skiers. The highest is at at 3111 metres and starts just underneath the peak of Hockenhorn, one of the highest mountains in the region. The perfect place for high adrenaline skiing and long fast runs.
Opening times will vary depending on the date of the season and the weather conditions. Please check with our reception for current information.
Adult: CHF 69.00
Youth: CHF 64.00
Child: CHF 36.00
Cost includes: Ski pass, transport to and from the resort.
Cost doesn’t include: CHF 5.00 deposit (Per person), Rentals, meals.
Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Ski helmets are strongly recommended for any SKiing or Snowboarding
- If you have booked your catering through KISC please make sure you have a packed lunch.
- You will need a CHF 5.00 deposit for the ski pass per member of your group.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By bus & train: 1 hour 15 minutes
Example timetable from Kandersteg train station to Lauchernalp:
|Depart from KISC (Bus)||07:55|
|Arrive at Kandersteg train station||08:12|
|Depart from Kandersteg train station (Train)||08:42|
|Arrive at Goppenstein||08:54|
|Depart from Goppenstein (Bus)||09:03|
|Arrive at Wiler cablecar station||09:13|
Example timetable from Lauchernalp to KISC:
|Depart from Wiler cable car station (Bus)||15:37|
|Arrive at Goppenstein||15:50|
|Depart from Goppenstein (Train)||16:01|
|Arrive at Kandersteg train station||16:12|
|Depart Kandersteg train station (Bus)||16:43|
|Arrive at KISC||16:48|
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Full water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box with your packed lunch
- The ski passes that your ski guide gives you!
- Your skis/snowboards and poles (if not hiring)
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Helmet (compulsory for guided skiing, snowboarding or sledding, strongly recommended for unguided activities)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Swiss Explorer Award
- Winter Activity Award
- Ski Award