Snow and Rail Elsigenalp
Elsigenalp has great transport links from Kandersteg train station and our “Snow and Rail” passes get you one day of skiing at the resort, as well as transport from KISC to the resort and back. The 2 small ski areas of Elsigen and Metsch reach a top height of 2288 metres. They offer steep black pistes, wide open mountainsides and an easy 600-metre blue piste which takes you through the forest, back down to the bottom. A great compact all-rounder for any level of skier.
Opening times will vary depending on the date of the season and the weather conditions. Please check with our reception for current information.
Prices for Winter 2019/20 not yet confirmed. Bookings will be made provisionally with prices from 2018/19 until confirmed.
Adult: CHF 81.00
Youth: CHF 71.00
Child: CHF 42.80
Cost includes: Ski pass, transport to and from the resort
Cost doesn’t include: CHF 5.00 Deposit (Per person), rentals, meals.
Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- Ski helmets are strongly recommended for any SKiing or Snowboarding
- If you have booked your catering through KISC please make sure you have a packed lunch
- When you get off the bus at Elsigenalp in the morning you will have to tell the driver which time bus you plan to take back. This will ensure that they are running and have enough space for you and your group.
- You will need a CHF 5.00 deposit for the ski pass per member of your group.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By bus & train: 1 hour 20 minutes
Example timetable from Kandersteg train station to Elsigenalp:
|Depart from Kandersteg train station (Train)||09:15|
|Arrive at Frutigen||09:31|
|Depart from Frutigen (Bus)||09:35|
|Arrive at Elsigbach||10:00|
Example timetable from Elsigenalp to Kandersteg train station:
You will need to tell the driver in the morning which time you plan to take the bus back to ensure that they are running and have enough space for your group.
|Depart Elsigbach (Bus)||16:00|
|Arrive at Frutigen||16:25|
|Depart from Frutigen (Train)||17:25|
|Arrive at Kandersteg train station||17:40|
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sun glasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Full water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box with your packed lunch
- The ski passes that your ski guide gives you!
- Your skis/snowboards and poles (if not hiring)
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Helmet (compulsory for guided skiing, snowboarding or sledding, strongly recommended for unguided activities)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Swiss Explorer Award
- Winter Activity Award
- Ski Award