Snow and Rail Adelboden
Adelboden is located 50 minutes from Kandersteg by public transport and is one of the biggest ski areas in Switzerland. It has slopes to suit all levels from beginners to advanced skiers, a fast modern lift system, and takes several days to fully explore. We sell both ski
passes and 1 day Snow and Rail passes (which include return travel costs by train and bus). Reduced price
tickets are available for groups of more than 10 and for families. For a full list of prices, including winter hiking passes, please visit our website. If you are a group of 20 or more people, we can organise coach transport to and from the resort which can work out cheaper and more convenient than the Snow and Rail option.
Opening times will vary depending on the date of the season and the weather conditions. Please check with our reception for current information.
Prices for Winter 2019/20 not yet confirmed. Bookings will be made provisionally with prices from 2018/19 until confirmed.
Adult: CHF 103,40
Youth: CHF 93,40
Child: CHF 54,00
Cost includes: Ski pass, transport to and from the resort
Cost doesn’t include: CHF 5.00 Deposit (Per person), rentals, meals.
- Ski helmets are strongly recommended for any SKiing or Snowboarding
- If you have booked your catering through KISC please make sure you have a packed lunch
- You will need a CHF 5.00 deposit for the ski pass per member of your group.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By bus & train: 45 minutes
Example timetable from Kandersteg train station to Adelboden:
|Depart from Kandersteg train station (Train)||08:13|
|Arrive at Frutigen||08:28|
|Depart from Frutigen (Bus)||08:33|
|Arrive at Adelboden Oey station||08:57
Example timetable from Elsigenalp to Kandersteg train station:
You will need to tell the driver in the morning which time you plan to take the bus back to ensure that they are running and have enough space for your group.
|Depart Oey Station (Bus)||15:56|
|Arrive at Frutigen||16:22|
|Depart from Frutigen (Train)||16:25|
|Arrive at Kandersteg train station||16:41|
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sun glasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Full water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box with your packed lunch
- The ski passes that your ski guide gives you!
- Your skis/snowboards and poles (if not hiring)
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Helmet (compulsory for guided skiing, snowboarding or sledding, strongly recommended for unguided activities)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Swiss Explorer Award
- Winter Activity Award
- Ski Award