The route covers the first section of the beautiful Gemmipass, reaching the Schwarenbach Mountain Hotel. Then, take a more challenging route down to Kandersteg via Gurnigel with amazing views into the Gasterntal valley.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|09:45||Take the Sunnbüel cable car|
|10:00||Follow route 10 to Hotel Schwarenbach|
|11:30||Arrive at Hotel Schwarenbach|
|13:00||Start Hiking down to KISC|
|13:00||Follow route 30 down to Waldhus|
|14:00||Go down from Waldhus to KISC|
|15:00||Arrive back at KISC|
Taking the cable car is recommended. Cable car tickets can either be purchased from reception at the centre or through the online form under the name "Sünnbuel Cable Car". More information about the cable car can be found here.
- Price adult: CHF 16.80 (single ticket), CHF 23.00 (return ticket)
- Price child: CHF 8.40 (single ticket), CHF 11.50 (return ticket)
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.