Rafting boats at the Aare River
Collect your raft boats in Uttigen and get ready to steer your very own raft down the Aare River. The trip begins in the city of Thun and ends in the UNESCO world heritage city of Bern. No paddling is required. Just float down and enjoy the ride. All participants must be competent swimmers and adult leader supervision is essential.
Meeting time & place: 10:17 in Uttigen train station (old wooden building next to the station)/10.00 if going by own transport
Finish time & place: 14:00 in Bern Eichholz
Price Adult (per raft): CHF 150.00
Price Child (per raft): CHF 150.00
Price includes: Raft, safety instructions
Price does not include: Transport to and from the meeting place, wetsuits (can be rented for an additional CHF 10.00 if booked in advance), meals
Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- From 14 years old, minimum height 145 cm, maximum weight 125 kg
- All participants needs to have at least basic water confidence
- Transport of backpacks and bags from meeting point to finishing point is included
- If you are delayed you can phone Aare tubing on: 0041 76 686 87 45
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- This activity is not possible to book on Saturdays and Sundays due to high demand.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
By Road: 45 min - 1 hour
Directions from KISC to Aare Tubing base can be found in the map below.
By Train: 1 hour 5 min
- Adult: CHF 42.00
- Child: CHF 23.00
From the Kandersteg Train Station, take the train to Uttigen. Aare Tubing are based in the large building to the left of the station as you get off the train.
|09:13||Train departs from Kandersteg|
|09:58||Arrive in Thun & change train|
|10:13||Depart from Thun|
|10:30||Arrive in Uttigen|
Return Journey – Direct trains to Kandersteg leave Bern station hourly at :39 past the hour
- Swim suit
- Warm clothes for after the trip
- Sun cream
- KISC High Adventure Badge