Overnight Ueschinen Hut Hike
Use the Allmenalp Cable Car to gain height quickly, then traverse into the Ueschinen Valley with breathtaking views of the village and surrounding area. Once in the Ueschinen Valley, it’s a steady but easy climb to the Ueschinenhütte, passing through traditional high alpine farms. You will spend the night in the hut, then the following morning your staff guide will bring you back down to the Centre in time for lunch!
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your guide at the Centre, equipment check||14:00|
|Leave the Centre and walk to the cable car for an exciting ride up||14:15|
|Arrive at the hut||17:30|
|Cook dinner at the hut||18:00|
|Wake up, eat breakfast, and clean the hut||08:00|
|Start to hike down||09:00|
|Arrive back at the Centre||11:30|
Price Adult: CHF 31.00
Price Child: CHF 31.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, overnight stay at Ueschinen Hut, Allmenalp cable car.
Price does not include: Meals
Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
Less than 48 hours in advance: Non refundable
This hike is not available to start on Saturdays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds two stoves (one wood burning and one gas), access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie Guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Personal medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Pocket money (optional)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Ueschinenhutte Badge
- Bronze Wanderrucksack: Restaurant Lohner
- Huttentest: Ueschinenhutte