Overnight Hotel Steinbock
This hut is accessible by foot with a nice hike up the valley or by bus. The hotel has 45 beds in different standards of rooms and a restaurant serving traditional Swiss dishes.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
Leave KISC at 13:00 and begin to walk up into the Gastern Valley. Take a short break at hotel Waldhaus before heading towards Hotel Steinbock. This will allow you enough time to arrive for dinner at the hut.
|15:00||Follow route 14 from Waldhus|
|17:00||Arrive at Hotel Steinbock in Selden|
|08:30||Start hiking down to KISC|
|10:00||Go down from Waldhus to KISC|
|11:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price adult: CHF 44.00 (CHF 47.00 Friday - Sunday)
- Price child: CHF 44.00 (CHF 47.00 Friday - Sunday)
Price includes: overnight at the hut, dinner and breakfast. Guest cancellation policy can be found here.
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.