Overnight Hotel Schwarenbach
A comfortable overnight location on the route to Gemmipass, overlooking a beautiful lake. One of tour more easily accesible huts, it is just a 2 hour walk from the top of the Sunnbuel cable car station.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
Take the 14:00 gondola and begin walking to Schwarenbach hotel. The hike from the top of the gondola takes approximately 2 hours. This will leave your group plenty of time to hike and arrive at the hut in time for dinner.
|15:15||Take the Sunnbüel cable car|
|15:30||Follow route 10 to Hotel Schwarenbach|
|17:00||Arrive at Hotel Schwarenbach|
|08:30||Start hiking down to KISC|
|09:30||Follow route 30 down to Waldhus|
|10:30||Go down from Waldhus to KISC|
|11:30||Arrive back at KISC|
Price adult: CHF 61.00
Price child: CHF 48.00
- Price adult: CHF 16.80 (single ticket), CHF 23.00 (return ticket)
- Price child: CHF 8.40 (single ticket), CHF 11.50 (return ticket)
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
Extra equipment for overnight activities:
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Food - dinner and breakfast
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.