Overnight Doldenhorn Hut
Time: 2 h 30 min from Kandersteg (one way)
This is only one of the recommended time suggestions. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|14:00||Begin with a relaxed walk along the back path to the village|
|14:30||Follow the paths up to Oschiwald and up the road towards Oeschinensee|
|15:00||Turn off the Wanderweg onto the Bergweg signposted to Doldenhorn Hut|
|17:30||Arrive at Doldenhorn Hut, and relax|
|08:30||Start hiking down to the Scout Centre|
|11:00||Arrive back at KISC|
Price Adult: CHF 45.00
Price Child: CHF 45.00
Price includes: an overnight stay at Doldenhorn Hut, dinner and breakfast
Guest Cancellation policy can be found here.
- Before your departure, you need to fill in a Route Card at Reception
- Before departing, please check at Reception the current route conditions as these are reviewed regularly.
- This hut needs to be booked in advance: it is likely to become fully booked in the busy summer months
- There is no fresh drinking water available at the hut.
- It is expected that you will be on time for dinner so please don’t be late!
- It is important that you take all of your rubbish with you back to KISC.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
If you would like to take a village bus at some point of your journey, it is free if you wear a scout scarf or carry a token from our Reception
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Special medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun Glasses
- Packed Food
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
- A sheet sleeping bag liner
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Hüttentest: Doldenhornhütte
- Bronze Wander Rucksack: Biberg