The path to the lake starts at the Tourist Office in Kandersteg. It then follows up a well-marked path, a tarmac road in places, which is suitable for all ages. There is an alternative footpath, that follows underneath the gondola. This is steeper and less scenic but shorter and quicker to reach the lake. By Gondola, there is a wide footpath from the top station that leads down to the lake.
This hike takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes from Kandersteg (one way).
Times might change according to the weather and the group's ability.
Price Adult: CHF 0.00
Price Child: CHF 0.00
Oeschinensee gondola tickets are available to purchase at our reception:
- Adult single: 16.00
- Child single 8.00
- Before your departure, you should fill out a route card at reception
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in Reception.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Personal medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Packed food
- Pocket money
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Wander rucksack: heuberg, biberg, oeschinensee
- High Adventure Award
This hike can be even more enjoyable when learning about the environment around you. The self-guided booklet below can help you explore the Alps the eco way.