The path to the lake starts at the Tourist Office in Kandersteg. It then follows up a well-marked path, a tarmac road in places, which is suitable for all ages. There is an alternative footpath, that follows underneath the gondola. This is steeper and less scenic but shorter and quicker to reach the lake. By Gondola, there is a wide footpath from the top station that leads down to the lake.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|09:15||Hike up to Oeschinensee following route 17|
|10:30||Arrive at Oeschinensee|
|11:00||Start hiking back to KISC|
|12:30||Arrive back to KISC|
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
- Wander Rucksack: Heuberg, Biberg, Oeschinensee
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.
This hike can be even more enjoyable when learning about the environment around you. The self-guided booklet below can help you explore the Alps the eco way.