The Oeschinensee gondola will take you up to an altitude of 1,682 metres above sea level. You will then slide down the exhilarating sled run on your way back down to the village. This activity will take you through the beautiful snowy forest, past frozen waterfalls and give you a great view of Oeschinensee.
This is only a guide. Times may vary depending on the weather conditions and the group’s ability.
|8:30||14:00||Meet your guide at the Centre, have an equipment check, collect your sleds and prepare to leave|
|09:00||14:30||Start walking to the Oeschinensee Gondola|
|09:30||15:00||Arrive at Gondola Station and ride to the top|
|09:40||15:10||Safety talk and tutorial|
|09:50||15:20||Start walking/sledding to the lake|
|10:10||15:40||Sled down to Kandersteg|
|11:00||16:30||Arrive down on valley floor. Do the village sled run if you have time|
|11:15||16:45||Walk to Centre - take the bus if convenient|
|11:45||17:15||Arrive back at KISC and return sleds|
Price Adult: CHF 25.00
Price Youth: CHF 25.00
Price Child: CHF 16.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, sled rental, Oeschinensee gondola one - way ticket
Price does not include: helmets (this is compulsory) meals (packed lunch)
Less than 7 days before the activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- Helmets are compulsory and are available to rent through KISC
Meet the guide at KISC and they will travel with you throughout the activity until you return to KISC. Oeschinensee gondola is included in the price of the activity.
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Full water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box with your packed lunch
- The ski passes that your ski guide gives you!
- Waterproof walking boots with ankle support
- Helmet (compulsory for guided skiing, snowboarding or sledding, strongly recommended for unguided activities)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- Winter Activity Award
- Swiss Explorer Award