Jungfraujoch Winter Day Trip
Your coach will pick you up at KISC and take you to the base of the Jungfraujoch. Here you will take a train ride like no other, passing through mountain tunnels, changing at train stations in the middle of the mountains and reaching an altitude of 3,454 metres. Once you reach the top, the views will take your breath away. Look out over the horizon with nothing but snow and mountains as far as the eye can see. Once your finished you will take the trains back down to meet the coach and then return to KISC.
This is only a guide. Times may change depending on traffic etc. And the availability of the trains.
|Meet at KISC||07:15|
|Depart from KISC (Coach)||07:20|
|Arrive at Lauterbrunnen||08:40|
|Depart from Lauterbrunnen (Train)||09:00|
|Arrive at Kleine Scheidegg & change trains to Eigergletscher||09:38|
|Depart from Kleine Scheidegg (Train)||09:57|
|Arrive at Eigergletscher & change trains to Jungfraujoch||10:02|
|Depart from Eigergletscher (Train)||10:15|
|Arrive at Jungfraujoch||10:41|
|Depart from Jungfraujoch (Train)||14:17|
|Arrive at Eigergletscher & change trains to Kleine Scheidegg||14:41|
|Depart from Eigergletscher (Train)||14:46|
|Arrive at Kleine Scheidegg||14:54|
|Depart Kleine Scheidegg for Grindelwald (Train)||15:01|
|Arrive in Grindelwald & meet the coach||15:40|
|Arrive back at KISC||17:00|
Price Adult: CHF 215.00
Price Child: CHF 150.00
Price includes: Coach transport & Train tickets
Price does not include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Guest cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- If you are using KISC catering then please check that you have booked a packed lunch for each member of your group. Depending on the train times you are booked in for you may also need to request a packed breakfast or a late dinner.
- Be prepared for outdoor winter weather during the day, as there may be a great drop in temperature at Jungfraujoch.
- Make sure that all members of your group know when and where to meet the coach throughout the day. You will be booked in for specific tour times at both of the factories, if you are late then you may not be able to enter.
- You may need cash if you plan to buy souvenirs or lunch during the day.
- This activity is available from January 3rd 2023 to March 31st 2023.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
A coach will transport you from KISC to the Lauterbrunnen train station. Then a train will take you up to Kleine Scheidegg and from there to the Jungfraujoch. On the way back, you will do the opposite ride but this time to Grindelwald. The first train to Kleine Scheidegg, and then a second to Grindelwald, where you will meet the coach again and it will bring you back to KISC.
- Rucksack - lightweight and water resistant
- Waterproof hiking boots with ankle support
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing (long trousers and fleece, no jeans)
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Sun protection (hat, sun cream and sunglasses)
- Special medication (asthma inhalers, etc)
- Lunchbox and food (snacks/lunch and/or dinner)
- Water bottle (Full minimum 2 litres)
- Pocket money (optional)
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- The Swiss Explorer Award