The grassy terrace high above the south end of the Kander valley is also a flower reserve. The hike to Jegertosse is demanding because of the strenuous ascent across the east wall of the Kander valley.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|09:30||Turn right at Durreschwand|
|12:00||Eat lunch at Jegertosse|
|12:30||Start hiking back to KISC|
|14:30||Arrive back at KISC|
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Wanrderrucksack: Jegertosse
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.