The grassy terrace high above the south end of the Kander valley is also a flower reserve. The hike to Jegertosse is demanding because of the strenuous ascent across the east wall of the Kander valley.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
This hike takes approximately 3 hours 30 minutes from Kandersteg (one way).
- A leader of responsible person over 18 must be present at part of the group.
- Comfortable rucksack
- Boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 1 litre, 2 litres in hot weather)
- Warm clothing (long trousers, fleece, no jeans)
- Sun hat and a warm hat
- Personal medication if needed
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Packed food
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking Map, Compass & Whistle
- Mobile Phone
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- High Adventure Award
- Wanrderrucksack: Jegertosse