International Rover Week
Between the 29th of December and the 5th of January, Rovers from all around the world will gather at the World Scout Centre for one single reason: to experience the International Friendship that only Scouting can offer. During the event, you will have the chance to experience the Permanent Mini Jamboree and do a wide range of KISC best winter activities. Celebrate the last days of Rover Centenary by counting down to midnight under the stars together with fellow Rovers.
Who can participate?
All Rovers, Rangers and Leaders, 18 to 26 years old, who are members of a National Scout Organisation recognised by WOSM or WAGGGS. You can participate individually or together with a friend. However, we limit the number of participants per country if too many people from one country apply. We do this is to ensure the cultural diversity of the event.
The programme of International Rover Week consists of diverse activities to guarantee that you will not spend any second at the Centre bored! What awaits for Rovers?
|30.12.2018||Low Rope Course, Team building challenge, World Scout Workshop, Igloo building|
|31.12.2018||New Year Workshop, Better World Framework Workshop, Curling & Ice Skating, New Years Celebrations|
|01.01.2019||Free day. Visit other towns, relax in the village, or maybe go skiing in one of the resorts in Kandersteg or the surroundings.|
|02.01.2019||Gemmi Hike 'n' Sled|
|04.01.2019||Winter Survival Experience, Closing Ceremony|
Price includes: shared accommodation, meals, KISC guided activities during the whole duration of the event
Price doesn't include: travel to and from Kandersteg, activities on your rest day
- Ability to communicate in English is needed from all participants.
- If you need a visa to enter Switzerland, we advise you to apply as soon as possible.
- Ski trousers and jacket, thermal underwear, warm clothes
- UV/sun protection cream and lip protection (minimum factor 15+)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles with good UV protection
- Warm hat and gloves - preferably waterproof
- Water bottle - minimum 1 litre
- Reusable lunch box
- Waterproof hiking boots (for winter activities such as Gemmi Hike 'n' Sled)
- Your skis or snowboard set (if not renting through KISC is possible)
Registrations are currently closed.