Guided Lötschenpass Hike
For this one day hike, take the bus from Kandersteg along the Gastern valley, where the hike begins. The hike starts off steeply up the valley side, passing Gfellalp Hut and the Lötschen glacier: a spectacular introduction to glacier walking. From the glacier, you continue further to the Lötschenpass (2’690 m). Soak up the view whilst enjoying your lunch, or even treat yourself to some well-earned cake at the Lötschenpass Hut! On a way back, you will then drop into the beautiful Lötschen valley where you will catch a bus and a train to bring you back to Kandersteg.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|07:30||Meet your guide at the Centre, have the equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|07:55||Catch bus to Selden|
|08:30||Start hiking up to the Lötschen glacier|
|12:30||Arrive at Lotchenpasshutte and eat lunch|
Start hiking down the other side of the pass to Ferden
Take the bus to Goppenstein
|18:00||Take the train from Goppenstein through Lotchberg tunnel|
Arrive in Kandersteg train station and walk back to the Centre
- Price adult (16+): CHF 40.00
- Price child (15-): CHF 37.00
Price includes: a KISC guide, bus to Selden, bus from Ferden to Goppenstein and the train from Goppenstein to Kandersteg.
Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
- This hike is not available on Sundays
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)