Gfellalp Hut Hike & Climb
Enjoy the breathtaking views from Gfellalp mountain hut. On the first day, pass the hut and spend the afternoon climbing in our designated area. On the second day, enjoy hiking through the beautiful Gasterntal Valley and arrive back to the Centre in time for dinner.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|Meet your guide at the Centre and prepare to leave||8:30|
|Leave the chalet and take the Gasterntal bus to Selden||8:50|
|Arrive in Selden and begin the hike to Gfellalp||9:15|
|Arrive at Gfellalp and leave the overnight equipment at the hut||10:00|
|Begin the hike to Gfellalp hiking area||10:15|
|Arrive at the climbing area and begin rope climbing||10:45|
|Finish climbing and pack away equipment||16:30|
|Hike back to the hut for dinner||17:00|
|Wake up, eat breakfast and clean the hut||8:00|
|Start hiking down to Selden||9:30|
|Arrive at Selden and begin the hike to end of the valley towards Heimritz||10:00|
|Arrive at the bridge beyond Heimritz for lunch||12:00|
|Begin walking back down to the other side of the river to KISC||12:30|
|Arrive back to KISC||17:00|
Please note that there are two time versions for this activity. The difference is that on the first day instead of taking the bus to Selden you hike there, and do the climbing workshop the next day and afterwards take the bus from Selden to Kandersteg. Our guides will try to suggest you the most suitable version for your group.
Price Adult: CHF 50.00
Price Child: CHF 50.00
Price includes: KISC Guide, climbing equipment, overnight at the Gfellalp Hut
Price does not include: Meals (Dinner, breakfast and packed lunch)
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: Non-refundable
This activity is not available to start on Saturdays and Sundays.
A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
Don’t forget to plan your meals. If you want meals provided by KISC you need to book them separately. We advise to book a packed lunch for the first day (prepared in the morning), and a hut food package that includes dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day. For the lunch on the second day, you can book packed lunch which is also prepared by your group on the morning of the first day.
- There is a kitchen at the hut available to use for all groups staying there. This includeds two stoves (one wood burning and one gas), access to fresh water, cooking utensiles, plates, cups, cutlery, oil and spices.
When cooking your dinner at the hut, please remember to cook for your Pinkie guide too; they will provide their own lunches and breakfast.
Please help us to take care of our huts for future groups by cleaning the hut before you leave, and recycling as you would do at the centre. Your Pinkie Guide will be on hand to answer any questions you have about this.
In high season it may be necessary to share rooms with another group.
- A sheet sleeping bag liner is required for the overnight. If you do not have one then you can rent a sleeping bag liner from Reception for a CHF 3.00 fee and CHF 50.00 deposit.
- Rucksack - lightweight and water resistant
- Hiking boots with ankle support - trainers or shoes without ankle support are not acceptable
- Waterproof jacket waterproof trousers
- Water bottle (minimum 2 litres)
- Warm clothing (long trousers and fleece, no jeans)
- Sun protection (hat, sun cream and sunglasses)
- Warm hat
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc)
- Packed food
- Sheet sleeping bag liner (not a regular sleeping bag)
- Pocket money (optional)
- Complete first aid kit
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
- High Adventure Award
- Huttentest: Gfellalp Hut