We take the bus to Selden, a steep mountain road which in itself is a fun adventure! From there we head further up the Gastern valley where you can enjoy views of Kandersteg’s snow-capped peaks and ancient glaciers. The rest of the day is a leisurely walk downhill to the Centre. It is suitable for all ages, especially those looking for a relaxing day of hiking.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||Meet your guide at the Centre, have equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|08:50||Take a bus up to Selden at the upper part of the Gastern valley|
|09:30||Start hiking along the Kander river left bank. Stop in Heimritz and continue until the bridge at 1724m.|
|11:00||Start hiking back to Sedlen through Tangelwald (Kander river right bank)|
|12:00||Arrive back in Selden and have lunch|
|13:00||Hike down to Kandersteg. Stop in a Swiss mountain restaurant Waldhaus|
|17:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price Adult: CHF 18.00
- Price Child: CHF 18.00
Price includes: a KISC Guide and bus to Selden
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non-refundable
- This hike is not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group.
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Silver Wanderrucksack: Gastereholz
- Gold Wanderrucksack: Alpetli
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.