Doldenhorn Hut Hike
The hike starts on the valley floor. Explore the forest on the east face of the valley and hike up and over the tree line. Arrive to a rocky plateau where the hut is situated and enjoy one of the most magnificent views around here. This is a very enjoyable hike and gives you the opportunity to see the stunning scenery of Kandersteg from a different point of view.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||Meet your guide at the Centre, have equipment ready, and prepare to leave|
|09:00||Begin with a relaxed walk along the back path to the village|
|09:30||Follow the paths up to Oschiwald and up the road towards Oeschinensee|
|10:00||Turn to the Wanderweg onto the Bergweg signposted to Doldenhorn Hut|
|12:30||Arrive at Doldenhorn Hut, eat lunch and sample Swiss food|
|13:30||Start hiking down to the Scout Centre|
|16:00||Arrive back at KISC|
- Price Adult: CHF 11.00
- Price Child: CHF 11.00
Price includes a KISC guide, cheese and meat tray at the hut.
- Less than 7 days before activity: fee of 50% of the price per person.
- Less than 48 hours in advance: non refundable.
- This hike is not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
All participants must have everything on the list. If a participant does not have all of the required items, they will not be able to join the activity.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
- Hüttentest: Doldenhornhütte
- Bronze Wander Rucksack: Biberg Checkpoint
- Eco Award
- High Adventure Award
- Swiss Explorer Award
- KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.