Doldenhorn Hut Hike
The hike starts on the valley floor. Explore the forest on the east face of the valley and hike up and over the tree line. Arrive at a rocky plateau where the hut is situated and enjoy one of the most magnificent views around here. This is a very enjoyable hike and gives you the opportunity to see the stunning scenery of Kandersteg from a different point of view.
This is only a guide. Times might change according to the weather and the group’s ability.
|08:30||Start your hike|
|09:00||Begin with a relaxed walk along the back path to the village|
|09:30||Follow the paths up to Oschiwald and up the road towards Oeschinensee|
|10:00||Turn off the Wanderweg onto the Bergweg signposted to Doldenhorn Hut|
|12:30||Arrive at Doldenhorn Hut, eat lunch|
|13:30||Start hiking down to the Scout Centre|
|16:00||Arrive back at KISC|
Take some pocket money if you wish to taste Swiss delicacies at the Doldenhorn Hut. If you would like to take a village bus at some point of your journey, it is free if you wear a scout scarf or carry a token from our reception.
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone