The Allmenalp area has a restaurant and a Cheesery. A good starting point for some interesting walks in the mountains. Also one of the best places for enjoying the dawn over Oeschinensee and Blümlisalp.
|08:30||Take the Allmenalp cable car|
|10:00||Enter the Ueschinen valley|
|11:00||Arrive back at KISC|
Take some pocket money if you wish to buy Swiss cheese straight from the cheesery or a refreshing drink from the Allmenalp cafe. Taking the cable car is recommended. Cable car tickets can either be purchased from the reception at the centre or through the online form under the name "Allmenalp Cable Car". More information about the cable car can be found here.
Price adult: CHF 9.00 (single ticket), CHF 14.00 (return ticket)
Price child: CHF 5.00 (single ticket), CHF 9.00 (return ticket)
- You need to fill in the route card at reception, before your departure.
- Please check at reception for the route conditions as they are reviewed regularly.
- Leaflets containing more information on the exact route can be found in reception.
- Rucksack - 20 to 40 litres
- Hiking boots with ankle support (no trainers)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothing - long trousers, fleece, warm hat and gloves (no jeans)
- Sun protection - sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Water bottle - 2 litres
- Food - packed lunch and snacks
- Personal medication (asthma inhalers, etc.)
- Pocket money (optional)
- First aid kit
- Hiking map, compass and whistle
- Mobile phone
You can get closer to achieving the following awards and badges, by completing this activity:
Bronze Wanderrucksack: Restaurant Lohner
High Adventure Award
Swiss Explorer Award
KISC Challenge Award
More information about the awards and badges can be found here.