The trip begins in the city of Thun and ends in the UNESCO world heritage city of Bern. No paddling is required. Just float down and enjoy the ride. All participants must be competent swimmers and adult leader supervision is essential. A water activity guide will accompany you for the whole trip.
Meeting time & place: 10:17 in Uttigen train station (old wooden building next to the station)/ 10.00 if going by own transport
Finish time & place: 14:00 in Bern Eichholz
Price Adult: CHF 75.00
Price Child: CHF 75.00
Price includes: tubing guide, tubes
Price does not include: transport to and from the meeting place, wetsuits (can be rented for an additional CHF 10.00 if booked in advance)
Cancellation: Activity provider’s cancellation policy can be found here.
- From 14 years old, minimum height 145 cm, maximum weight 125 kg
- All participants need to be confident in moving water
- Transport of backpacks and bags from meeting point to finishing point is included
- If you are delayed you can phone Aare tubing on 0041 76 686 87 45
- A leader or responsible person over 18 years old must be present as part of the group
- This activity is not possible to book on Saturdays and Sundays due to high demand.
- This activity is provided by an external company. By purchasing a service of a third party you are accepting the terms and conditions specified by the provider. We accept no liability for services brokered through KISC which are provided by a third party. The invoicing is handled by KISC in the name of the provider.
Meeting Point: Station Uttigen, Stationsstrasse, 3628 Uttigen
By road: 45 min - 1 hour
- Directions from KISC to Aare Tubing base can be found below. Aare Tubing is based in the large building to the right of the station, as you face the station.
- Return journey – Tubing finishes in Bern, so you will need to arrange a transfer back to Uttigen to pick up your vehicle, or take the train.
By train: 1 hour 5 min, 1 change
From Kandersteg to Interlaken Ost (change at Spiez)
As tubing starts in Uttigen (near Thun), and ends in Bern, the cheapest public transport option is our discount return train ticket to Bern, which can be bought a Reception:
- Adult: CHF 42.00
- Child: CHF 23.00
From the Kandersteg Train Station, take the train to Uttigen (change in Thun). Aare Tubing are based in the large building to the left of the station as you get off the train.
Train departs Kandersteg
Arrive in Thun & change trains
Depart from Thun
Arrive in Thun
Return Journey – Direct trains to Kandersteg leave Bern station hourly at :39 past the hour
- Swim suit
- Warm clothes for after the trip
- Sun cream
By completing this activity, you can get closer to achieving the following Awards and Badges:
KISC High Adventure Badge